- Title Pages
- Abreviations Used in the Text
- Chapter One With the Wind at Their Backs
- Chapter Two Henry Ford Ushers in a New Era for Black Workers
- Chapter Three The Politics of Inclusion and the Construction of a New Detroit
- Chapter Four Drawing the Color Line in Housing, 1915–1930
- Chapter Five The Politics of Unemployment in Depression-Era Detroit, 1927–1931
- Chapter Six Henry Ford at a Crossroads
- Chapter Seven Behind the Mask of Civility
- Chapter Eight Charting a New Course for Black Workers
- Chapter Nine Black Workers Change Tactics, 1937–1941
- The Making of Black Detroit in the Age of Henry Ford
- University of North Carolina Press
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.