Published for the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture, Williamsburg, Virginia, by the University of North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill
- The Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture is sponsored
- jointly by the College of William and Mary and the Colonial Williamsburg
- Foundation. On November 15, 1996, the Institute adopted the present name in
- honor of a bequest from Malvern H. Omohundro, Jr.
- © 2012 The University of North Carolina Press
- All rights reserved. Designed by Kimberly Bryant and set in Miller by Tseng Information
- Systems, Inc. Manufactured in the United States of America. The paper in this book
- meets the guidelines for permanence and durability of the Committee on Production
- Guidelines for Book Longevity of the Council on Library Resources. The University of
- North Carolina Press has been a member of the Green Press Initiative since 2003.
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Iannini, Christopher P.
- Fatal revolutions : natural history, West Indian slavery, and the routes of American
- literature / Christopher P. Iannini.
- p. cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ISBN 978–0–8078–3556–2 (cloth: alk. paper)
- 1. West Indies—Intellectual life—18th century. 2. West Indies—History—18th century.
- 3. Natural history—West Indies. 4. Slavery—West Indies—History—18th century.
- I. Omohundro Institute of Early American History & Culture. II. Title.
- F1609.5.I26 2012
- 16 15 14 13 12 5 4 3 2 1