- Title Pages
- Editorial Note
- Introduction“Unter der Leitung seines Geistes”: Spiritual Translation in Early America
- Chapter One Reversing the Heritage of Babel: Visions of Religious and Linguistic Renewal in Seventeenth–Century Europe
- Chapter Two Translating Pennsylvania: Visions of Spiritual Community in Promotional Literature
- Chapter Three Debating Pennsylvania: Religious and Linguistic Diversity and Difference
- Chapter Four “Honey-Combs” and “Paper-Hives”: Francis Daniel Pastorius and the Gathering of Atranslingual Community of Letters
- Chapter Five A Hidden Voice Amplified: Music, Mysticism, and Translation
- Chapter Six “What Will Become of Pennsylvania?”: War, Community, and the Language of Suffering for Peace
- CodaConfusio Linguarum Redux: Moravian Missions, Multilingualism, and the Search for a Spiritual Language
- A Harmony of the Spirits
- University of North Carolina Press
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.