- Title Pages
- Introduction Inventing Consumers
- Chapter 1 Advertisers and Consumers, 1890–1930
- Chapter 2 The Nationalization of Consumers
- Chapter 3 Making Consumption American
- Chapter 4 Social Science and the Pragmatic Consumer, 1890–1928
- Chapter 5 The Science of Purchasing
- Chapter 6 Redefining Consumption At Consumers' Research
- Chapter 7 Consumer Professionals in the Depression
- Chapter 8 The American Way of Life
- Chapter 9 Fighting for the American Way
- Epilogue Price Check
- Sold American
- University of North Carolina Press
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.