- Title Pages
- The New Cold War History
- 1 The Communists and National Rebirth in France and Italy, 1944–1946
- 2 Confronting the Communists in Government: The American Response, 1944–1947
- 3 Polarized Confrontation: U.S. Aid and Propaganda versus Cominform in France and Italy, 1947–1950
- 4 Communist Peace Campaigns and American Psychological Warfare, 1948–1955
- 5 The Cultural Cold War at Its Peak: Mass Culture and Intellectuals, 1948–1956
- 6 Diplomatic Maneuvering: Communist and American Interplay of Foreign and Domestic Policies during the Eisenhower and Kennedy Administrations
- 7 Redefining Oppression: The 1960s, from Affluence to Youth Protest
- 8 Redefining Interdependence: The Eurocommunism of the 1970s and the U.S. Response
- Epilogue Cultural and Political Decline
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.