- Title Pages
- 1 The ideal Country Life: The Development of Citrus Suburbs in Southern California
- 2 The “Colonia Complex” Revisited: Racial Hierarchies and Border Spaces in the Citrus Belt, 1917–1926
- 3 Friends of the Mexicans? Mexican Immigration and the Politics of Social Reform
- 4 Just Put on That Padua Hills Smile: The Mexican Players and the Padua Hills Theatre, 1931–1974
- 5 Citrus in the War Years: Gender, Citizenship, and Labor, 1940–1964
- 6 Memories of El Monte: Dance Halls and Youth Culture in Greater Los Angeles, 1950–1974
- 7 Soly Sombra The Limits of Intercultural Activism in Post-Citrus Greater Los Angeles
- A World of Its Own
- University of North Carolina Press
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.