- Title Pages
- Maps and Illustrations
- Orthographic Notes
- Introduction: Islam, the Qurʾan School, and the Africans
- 1 Education, Embodiment, and Epistemology
- 2 The Ink of Scholars
- 3 The Book in Chains Slavery and Revolution in Senegambia, 1770–1890
- 4 Bodies Of Knowledge
- 5 Disembodied Knowledge?
- Conclusion The Qurʾan School, the Body, and the Health of the Umma
- The Walking Qur'an
- University of North Carolina Press
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.