- Title Pages
- 1 Brigham Young’s Romance with American Higher Education, 1867–1877
- 2 The Death of Mormon Separatism in American Universities, 1877–1896
- 3 Evolution and Its Discontents, 1896–1920
- 4 Anti-intellectualism Rejected and Reborn, 1920–1940
- Appendix A Mormons Studying “Abroad” before the Woodruff Manifesto (1890)
- Appendix B Mormons at the University of Michigan, 1874–1913
- Appendix C Mormons at Harvard, 1891–1913
- Appendix D Mormons at Columbia, 1882–1921
- Appendix E Advanced Degrees Earned by Mormons in Religion, History, and the Social Sciences, 1920–1940
- American Universities and the Birth of Modern Mormonism, 1867-1940
Thomas W. Simpson
- University of North Carolina Press
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.