- Title Pages
- Chapter One It Is Your Business to Rise Up and Preserve the Union
- Chapter Two If Blood Must Flow
- Chapter Three I Don’t Believe There Is Any North
- Chapter Four The Grandest Spectacle of the Century
- Chapter Five Doing the Very Best We Can
- Chapter Six This Fearful Awakening
- Chapter Seven Crossing the Alps
- Chapter Eight Does the Governor Say He Will Come for Us?
- Chapter Nine The Duty of the Governors to Save the Country’s Cause
- Chapter Ten They are a Body of Wise and Patriotic Men
- Chapter Eleven Sinking in Despair
- Chapter Twelve There Can Be No Difference of Purpose
- Chapter Thirteen Is It Well or Ill with Us?
- Chapter Fourteen Just Such Affliction
- Chapter Fifteen A Tub Thrown to the Whale
- Chapter Sixteen The Rebellion Still Refuses to Give Us Either Peace or Rest
- Chapter Seventeen I Claim Not to Have Controlled Events
- Chapter Eighteen Revolutions Never Go Backward
- Chapter Nineteen The People Are Conscious of the Power
- Chapter Twenty It Is Worth While to Live in These Days
- Appendix List of Governors
- Gathering to Save a Nation
- University of North Carolina Press
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.