- Title Pages
- Ducktown Smoke
- >Introduction The View From the Mountain
- 1 The Setting, the Cherokees, and the First Era of Ducktown Mining, 1843–1878
- 2 The Revival of Ducktown Mining and the First Smoke Suits, 1890–1903
- 3 The Farmers and the Copper Companies Wage Battle in the Tennessee Courts
- 4 Georgia Enters the Fray
- 5 The Ducktown Desert and Georgia's First Smoke Suit
- 6 Will Shippen, Forestry, and Georgia's Second Smoke Suit, 1905–1907
- 7 Attorney General Hart, the National Farmers Union, and the Search for a Remedy, 1907–1910
- 8 The Smoke Injunction and the Great War, 1914–1918
- 9 Power Dams, Whitewater Rafting, and the Reclamation of the Ducktown Desert, 1916–2010
- Epilogue the View from the Mountain
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.