- Title Pages
- Chapter One The Civil War and U.S. World Power
- Chapter Two Wrapping the World in Fire
- Chapter Three The Cat’s-Paw
- Chapter Four Manifest Dominion
- Chapter Five France’s Grand Design and the Confederacy
- Chapter Six From Aggression to Crisis
- Chapter Seven Dominican Civil War, Slavery, and Spanish Annexation, 1844–1865
- Chapter Eight Juárez vs. Maximiliano
- Chapter Nine Arms and Republican Politics in Spanish America
- Chapter Ten Cuba, the Atlantic Crisis of the 1860s, and the Road to Abolition
- Chapter Eleven The Civil War in the United States and the Crisis of Slavery in Brazil
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.