- Title Pages
- Introduction A Voice Crying in the Wilderness of Christian Slaveholding America
- 1 God and Slavery on the Eastern Shore
- 2 Religious Awakenings in Baltimore
- 3 From the Valley of Shadows to Freedom
- 4 The Young Abolitionist Orator
- 5 Bearing Witness in Great Britain
- 6 An Antislavery Constitution and a Righteous Violence
- 7 The Crisis of the Union
- 8 Reconstruction Battles over Racial and Gender Equality
- 9 At the Dark Dawn of Jim Crow
- 10 Unraveling the Mysteries of God’s Providence and Progress
- Conclusion Frederick Douglass Is Not Dead!
- Frederick Douglass
D. H. Dilbeck
- University of North Carolina Press
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.