- Title Pages
- IG.R.I.T.S.: Stories of Growing Up Black, Female, and Queer
- 1It’s Thick Here
- 2Does Your Mama Know?
- 3Walk like a Man, Talk like a Woman
- 4I Found God in Myself and I Loved Her Fiercely
- 5A Taste of Honey
- 6I’m Sweet on You
- 7The Work My Soul Was Called to Do
- IIMy Soul Looks Back and Wonders.: Stories of Perseverance and Hope
- 8Salsa Soul Sister
- 9Being Human Is a Dangerous Thing
- 10I’m Happy as Hell
- 11I’m Just a Black Woman in America
- 12I’m Alright with Who I Am
- 13Books Saved My Life
- Index of Narrators
- General Index
- Black. Queer. Southern. Women.
E. Patrick Johnson
- University of North Carolina Press
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.