- Title Pages
- 1 Why American Universities Are the Best in the World
- 2 American Universities Are Challenged as Never Before
- 3 Strategy Is Critical, and Very Difficult
- 4 Students Are Not Customers
- 5 Faculty Are Not Employees
- 6 University Leadership—More Complicated and More Critical Than Ever
- 7 Academic Medicine—The Elephant in the Room
- 8 Economic Development Is No Longer Optional
- 9 The Case for Both Basic Research and Entrepreneurship
- 10 An Education <i>and</i> a Job
- 11 Framing the Conversation
- 12 Rebuilding the Partnership
North Carolina Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.